WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menocturnalismic Marvellousnesses

You've had a couple of tease glimpses at one of the park ups The Grey and I have enjoyed recently. One of you even guessed correctly as to the location—yes, we were at The Kelpies in Falkirk! They have been featured in posts on this blog before - and they will be again! This is a place that it is always a joy to return to. One thing I have not done until now, though, simply because one hasn't had a sleeping vehicle in which to do it, is to spend the night beside these beauties. 

Yes, for a payment of £12.50, you can remain in the car park and watch them for as long into the night as you can stay awake. There are 24-hour toilets available, and in the morning, a complimentary cuppa is available at the kiosk in the visitor centre. 

In the darker months, this is delightful because the changing colours of the lights within the sculptures are a true beacon. Here, in the almost solstice midnight light, it was a whole other-worldly experience! The night shots were quite literally taken fifteen minutes either side of midnight!

























18 comments:

  1. There's so much to see and learn... Your posts teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they are even more amazing in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... we always guessed it that kelpies really exist... now we know it... ha! thanks ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yam- what a wonderful place to be able to spend a day and a night ... lovely photos - thank you. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. A decent place to stay at a very reasonable cost..and a light show thrown in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very rarely that I am up fifteen minutes either side of midnight, but for this I might make the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they are beautiful. They look pretty at night lit up with the different colors. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sculptures are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. since amazing, gorgeous, spectacular have been used, I will say ditto all of that and these photos have truly gobsmacked me.. wow! these might just be my favorite ever sculptures.. I like the night lights because I love lights but I think they are even more impressive in the light of day... I might have missed the word AWESOME. fits the horse and the photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YAM these are magnificent...x 87. I love that they delight viewers year round.
    We are big fans of a progam overhere called Gentle Giants about all the Heavy grand and stunning horses.
    I wasn't familiar with the Kelpie horse. I think there is a Kelpie dog in Oz?!
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes...definitely WOWsome!! Love the colorful night shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place to stay. It's hard to imagine how it can be so light out at midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness - had no idea. They are just stunning, day and night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw the Kelpie by day, one sunny May, I was bowled over by their magnificence. But the midsummer night shots are even more awe inspiring!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaah so now I know and must put them on my 'to visit' list. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this. I'd love to visit them, what an experience.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏