WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonday Art Vibe; Sculpture Seen

As mentioned in last Thursday's overview of the Royal Scottish Academy (RSA) Annual Open Exhibition, on entering via the grand staircase, we were met with two intriguing sculptures. Sadly, the lighting was a bit strange, so I have converted these to greyscale to enhance features that were otherwise lost in the weird pink (as seen on the plaques, which I left in their natural colour). These were not something I would have in my collection, but I did find them fascinating...






14 comments:

  1. Fascinating indeed! Weapons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Not intended as such... these pieces each stood between two and three feet tall and, I imagine, would be very heavy. They do each reflect the natural and industrial environs... Yxx

      Delete
  2. I like the cone... but ... wheeew... the price...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly Amazing works, Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fascinating pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously? They were lit with that mad colour? I wonder what artistic inspiration suggested that. The cone is pretty good but I'd not add it to a collection of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Generally not for domestic display!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both interesting sculptures. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 reminds me a chocolate donut with sprinkles...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sure are interesting and very pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they both certainly took skills and a lot of talent to create, but like you, not to look at daily. if I had to pick one, it is the 2nd one. the first one my first thought was a crown of thorns christmas wreathe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strange, indeed. You gave us the gist, though. XX

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏