At one point, when it was more like light showers than a garden hose, I took the opportunity to charge the van. Of course, I had to extend the line more than usual, because an entitled EV owner felt they could just use the space as a regular parking spot. This meant I was using up the spot that ought to have been available on the fast-charger side...
The selfishness of this makes me fume. When the woman in her designer gym suit turned up, she made a point of not looking anywhere other than the car itself. She knew it was wrong, but did it anyway. Sigh...
While I sat there, too, another pair of women in the red Land Rover turned up after their shopping foray... and decided they could just leave their trolley where it was...
We were literally 50 yards from the trolley collection point. Too hard, apparently. So Muggins had to move it out of the way in order to drive out without risk of colliding with the thing... sigh...
During that stay on the Straiton hill, I observed boy racers throwing doughnuts in their suped-up third-hand vehicles, workmen deciding they could just tip their rubbish on the edges, and in the mornings it would be obvious that folk had parked to have their take-out meals and then decided that opening doors to put the packaging into the bin beside them was just too much hard work, so left if lying all over the ground... sigh...
I'm becoming a grumpy old woman!!! Seriously, what are people thinking? Not much beyond their immediate selves, it seems.
Anyway, the weather persisted, so I decided just to head west again. I stopped for another couple of nights in Lanark, taking the now familiar looped route home. I was back in Dunoon by Sunday, and the rain was still happening.... sigh...
I'll hang around here for three weeks, then try getting back on the road in July. I have to go pick up some art, for a start...


There people like these everywhere!
ReplyDeletethat happens here too.. although ther is a sign as big as a house... some people are just ahats...
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteIt seems to be the normal lately, people are only thinking of themselves. Take care, have a great day!
Even worse are the able-bodied people who occupy handicapped parking spaces.
ReplyDeleteSome people just don't think or don't care. Shame shame!
ReplyDeleteHumans can be so disappointing....hopefully next trip you'll see more caring and less idiocy.
ReplyDeleteToo many people in this world only think of themselves and not how their actions effect anyone else.
ReplyDeleteYAM you are NOT a grump you are a considerate, thoughtful and respectful human. I 1000% agree with every word you wrote about 'the entitled' people around you. I will never understand the litter 2' away from a trash can. Not returning the cart to the proper spot makes me fume. I try to be kind, considerate and respectful ...treating others as I would want to be treated. It is the entitled ones who get the attention...there are so many kind ones when I'm out and about too
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
And there was me thinking awareness was changing and our society was moving on from that kind of littering. There's some deep philosophical conversations to be had about convenience, wastefulness, distopia etc
ReplyDeleteSad that civics sense seems to be on the run away from humans!
ReplyDeletepeople are just so much more selfish and inconsiderate now.
ReplyDeleteHaving the Grey to hunker down in , in inclement weather is an advantage
People drive down our street and toss their fast food trash out of the car window. I just don't understand what they are thinking.
ReplyDeletePeople can be so selfish. I don't know what they get from this. STicking it to someone?
ReplyDeleteIt's good to vent, isn't it? Poor Joe was trying to parallel park in town and one person drove around him. Another pulled up right behind him. He was fuming. XX