WYSIWYG
What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.
Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms
The second in this miniseries on Holst's 'other works' brings you a military piece that definitely carries some of the quality found in The Planets. If you know that work as well as I do, I'm sure you will pick up those motifs and musical signatures. Add to it that this performance by the Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra is positively sublime, and I am certain you will enjoy these ten minutes. Each player seems fully invested in their part, and the conductor is proud and trusting of his musicians.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There's solemnity to the entire piece.
ReplyDeleteperfect fall morning muzak
ReplyDeleteLove his music but my favorite will always be Jupiter from The Planets!
ReplyDeleteJust lovely and the wind instruments are soothing
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
Glad to listen, Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteA great performance, YAM.
ReplyDeleteWind instruments are endearing.
ReplyDeleteWhat an uplifting selection today!!
ReplyDelete