WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoturals; Flower For Rosy

Joining in with the LLB gang for Nature Friday... and due to being static for so long, fresh nature pics and info are a tad lacking. Therefore, I'm diving into the floral archives to use up some from the past year that have been waiting their turn!

The plant in the image is Kenilworth Ivy (Cymbalaria muralis), which is also commonly called Ivy-leaved Toadflax. It grows all over the walls here in Dunoon (and many other walls and gardens in Scotland/UK). 



14 comments:

  1. I love Cymbalaria muralis! There used to be a fair amount growing alongside our house. After a fire burned that house to the ground and a new home was built, we've not seen it so much. I'm always cheered when I find a bit somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is totally sweet... they have something innocent and cute... like baby rabbits ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little flowering plant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly gorgeous, YAM, with the aged rocks and the lichen in addition to the glorious blooms. You outdid yourself with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a pretty plant, I am sure the wall look lovely covered with this plant. Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing the flowers growing on the rocks really makes them stand out. They look delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAM aunty I wish the ivy we had in our area bloomed beautiful soft purple flowers.
    WOW
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this plant, but I love those beautiful little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't the name toad flax seem rather ugly for pretty little flowers? Nice colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! We love the pop of yellow in the middle of the purple bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Qué maravilla de flores tan coloridas. Besitos desde Bitácora literaria España

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏