WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menosukhi Merryment - a sentimental Monday

It has been a while since I mentioned the 'J's. I could only make this post today, as you will see.

Jade and Jasper both loved Christmas!  I have seen several of my blog pals posting about the danger and angst of setting up the tree in a home containing animals.  I never had any trouble with either of my two - even when still pup and kit.

copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
No doubt about him, Jasper was simply a cool, laid-back surfer dude sort of cat. Perhaps it helped that Christmas in OZ is during summer months and therefore he was inclined to be outside most of the time.  Truly though, he never ever attempted any kind of adornmenticide.  He was easy to please too.  An expensive can of turkey strips in jelly?  A new collar?  It's all good, maaaaaawwwwm.



Jade, on the other hand, from her first year, got the idea that items under the tree could only mean good things.  She always had a rather endearing, if slightly mystifying, habit of going up to unfamiliar things and tapping them.  Occasionally with her paw, but mostly with her nose.  That too from beneath.  However, not once did she attack the parcel stack.  Often there would be sideways glances to see if I could be melted into giving something before the day.

But like all good kids, she seemed to enjoy the anticipation and on Christmas morning, it was up a early and 'can I help open yours too mum?!'.

copyright Yamini Ali MacLean

Then would come the opening of her own gifts.  In the photo at left you see our first Christmas together - she was still only eight months old, so not yet full grown... but look at this, look at this, look at this!!!!!  A stocking full of yummo treatz.  All for Jade. Some were tough.  Some were soft and some were just 'to the tooth'.  A bit like that box of chocolates really...






copyright Yamini Ali MacLean


This was Christmas number eight... 'are you sure you don't want to pass that down right now?'









copyright Yamini Ali MacLean




Christmas number thirteen (note the greyer  muzzle). Needless to say the squeaker in this lasted all of three days. 'Something' went wrong with it. Mum couldn't fix it.  Isn't that a shame?

8^}






Anyway folks, I simply wanted to share some pet memories with you, especially as I now have soooo many honourary four-leg 'nieces and nephews' in Blogville!!  I love and appreciate all my readers and this shout out is the first of the festive week...

To all my 'animalogue' darlings and their hoomans, a very spawcial, hugsy and wagsy Christmas and a safe and happy time as we enter another year together.

Love with the capital 'ell',  

YAM-aunty xxx


6 comments:

  1. Aww...

    We have a decorated tree for the first time in three years. Toby is mellowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had problems with our dogs they were mainly outside most of the time, but the year Kidney had kittens, they were born about 6 weeks before christmas and the tree with all the decorations were just good fun to all of them, I lost a few decorations that year.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas, Yam! Hope to see you in the New Year! =) Indigo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first Christmas in my new home ...and my humans first Christmas without Pip. It's a mix of emotions, but we sure are grateful for all our friends like you!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindy doesn't notice my Christmas tree because it is very small and up on top of a bookcase.
    I loved the photos and stories of your animals at Christmas, however, Yam. What a wonderful dog and a laid-back cat. I'm sure they learned their mellowness from you.
    Love and hugs,
    from Kay and Lindy
    (Dick would say hi but he isn't a Christmas kind of person. He was originally a Hanukkah kind of guy, but now he says he doesn't believe in anything. I'm pretty sure that's impossible, but haven't told him so.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Joanne - glad to hear it!

    Merle - ash yes, well kittens ....

    Inidigo - indeed!!

    Mr Pip/Ruby - all the very best!!

    Kay - I agree, it's impossible, but probably not worth the effort of sorting it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏