WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menosunday; taking it easy

The spiritual blog is under construction.  All being well and with His Blessing, it will launch this coming Friday, August 1st.

I have touched lightly on this subject here.  Long-termers know that this blog and it's sisters were "born in India" whilst I was studying Advaita Vedanta at the Chinmaya Mission. For many of my readers, the idea of anything Hindu related is ...well... not their cuppa. This is why a separate page must be run. I believe I can still represent the philosophy on this blog, simply by stating and remaining true to who I am, without being overtly 'scriptural'. However, I undertook the intense period of study not for myself alone. One of the tasks which sit before me is to teach; to spread the word. One of the best ways to do this, I feel, is to show how one is going about learning and applying it oneself. Deeper explorations, demonstrations and examples need to be laid out.  I hope to do this through Aatmaa-vrajanam (the roaming soul).   It is my fervent hope that some of my loyal readers here will find something worth the thinking about there, too.

Those who have been paying attention to such things will also know that I hold Christ firmly in my heart, side-by-side with Sri Rama.  Advaita is the philosophy of Unity. Absolutely everything wraps back into That.  How we choose to worship should make no difference to this ultimate truth.

You will find that whilst the focus will be from the vedic scriptures, I shall seek to draw some comparisons with Christ's teachings and, when all is said done, rise above doctrinal issues into the dizzy heights of one mind, one spirit.

My name means 'Night'; I ever seek The Light.

Amongst other things, you may find such as this appearing...


This appears to be a self-sustaining community farm in Mexico, working on principals of vedic philosophy.  An enticing project.

As a by-note; I too would dance for jackfruit - it makes fabulous curry!!!

Watch out for the invitation link!



2 comments:

  1. The spirit of all religions are true and as innocent as a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yam
    I've never seen such happy cows. And I love their ears.
    Before I moved to the dry interior of British Columbia, and then to Alberta, I lived near a field of Highland Cattle. I loved to see their young ones in the spring. My brother tells me they're no longer there, however.
    Sigh.
    Yes, I posted a blog post today. Whether I will again any time soon remains to be seen. Am still in considerable physical pain, but did go out to the Wet Coast for a couple of reunions with old friends. Both were wonderful.
    I'm looking forward to your new blog.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏