WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonindy - keeping on the industry

Here we are, 17 days into the 'break'. Feels like a lifetime. As does the typing of these sentences. Had thought that my natural dexterity might result in improved speeds and accuracy with only the one hand. The former - slightly. The latter - not in the least. Just getting this far with corrections and backtracking has already taken a goodly eight minutes.

So why persist?

In one of the very low moments last week, the realisation came that writing - the physical act of typing - is the core of my life. It is my anchor, my ballast... my therapy.

When am not blogging, am researching, emailing, taking notes, 'composing'. Am almost constantly at the keyboard. Also, when not doing that am usually either doing stuff with papers and books - or am the kitchen concocting. Oh yes, I like to concoct.

Take yesterday for example. Took it into my head to devise a recipe for 'brekky buns'. Healthy muffins to nibble with some fruit and save me battling with toast in the morning. I thought and planned for an hour then went to the kitchen to start the process. A fair bit of bang and clatter ensued as ingredients were gathered from various places (nb: the father's kitchen is not the YAMster's kind of organised), placed into a bowl and got ready for mixing.

Two things. The flour required getting out of its clumsy bag and the bowl required stabilising to enable the mix.

Like a cake troll bun pixie, the father appeared. He loves when baking is happening and couldn't quell his curiosity. He was put to use - even though he too only really has use of one hand. Between is we got those little blighters baking. This morning, it was date and raisin muffins with butter, honey and bananas. Teamwork, a grand thing! Two wilted beings can still be beautiful...

What? You want the recipe? Come back tomorrow!

14 comments:

  1. I'M GIGGLING, " or am the kitchen concocting. Oh yes, I like to concoct."
    I love it and I love that Father was curious enough to help...good for you both
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny, fun and self-deprecating. I love writing for this purpose, as well. It is damn good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent bit of concocting - both the buns and the blog post. Well done! And remember, this unplanned interlude only feels like a lifetime, it really isn't!
    But Bertie is sending another dose of healing licks anyway, in case they are needed.
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful use of father/daughter teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you just do what you can. Have you thought about using one of those voice dictation thingies for your typing?

    Woos - Cap’n Lightning, First Mate Lass Misty, and Powder Monkey Timber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      tried the voice thing earlier out of curiosity. after several attempts, it proved a failure. The thing is, though, in the end, it is the physical act of typing that I need. Almost as if my fingers are part of the thinking process,,, Yxx

      Delete
  6. The end will come, Yam. Friday is ten weeks for me. But, I know it's not the end. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is a great post. Teamwork! So glad you were able to help each other so you could have a good breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to visualize you "concocting"! I hope that the buns are good!!!! I am two weeks ahead of you with my "break", and it is finally feeling a little better everyday. Eat plenty of calcium, and you'll heal faster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh please share the recipe, we can not wait what to see the mama concocting ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stay out of the kitchen and my dream is to live in a house with a cook and never have to see the kitchen. I to had a fit of giggles picturing the two one handed trolls concocting ways to concock the muffins. they sound delish and although I would not bake them I would eat them... I agree with you, the keyboard and all the things I do with it are my life. I had to live 3 days without internet when a storm came through and I nearly freaked out.... if suddenly I was left without my computers/tablet/phone and all those keyboars I would be lost

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having pixies around is always handy. My pixies are leaving in about 20 minutes´ time and then I have to do all my own washing up again. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister lost the sight in one eye at 24. About 10 years ago she had the retina tear in her 'good' eye. My BIL has macular degeneration in both eyes. They are restricted to only familiar roads to drive. Their son and his wife went on a road trip. The DIL has one artificial eye. I noted there were 4 people with only 3 good eyes between them. And they made it safely home from a 2500 mile road trip. Look forward to the recipe. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏