WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menofuscatory; not this, that

Last week a brilliant idea for today's post flashed through this brain. Didn't act on the impulse, now that inspiration is lost. Never mind.

Then there was going to be photographs of the nosh I shared with my neighbour before she left for her family holiday. Didn't happen. Nor did the shots of my own festive menu. There was too much chatter in the first instance and total forgetfulness on the other. Never mind.

Sitting here Boxing Day morning, there is a moment of panic. The realisation that this post and the FFF have yet to be prepared. Never mind.

It occurs to me that I have a mind that never...

That meno thing, you know. Ought one not to be well past all that now though? Perhaps. As it is but six and a half years since 'end point', it could be said that one is still in the "peri" part of the whole fiasco. It took a good twelve years leading in so it may be that am only half way through the departure. Add in the arrival of the time when the mind anyway is likely to disintegrate and one is left a bit...

Hanging. Words dangle in the brain and will not move forward. The more I look for them the further they get from me. Then turn up two days later in the middle of another context altogether.

Am left scrabbling, frustrated. "Not this thing... no not this... that... you know, THAT!!!"

So today, you have a post demonstrating my predicament. It serves no purpose other than to permit me to vent. Some may identify with it, others will glaze over. Never mind.


9 comments:

  1. Oh yes I can identify with you 100% and am happy to be here for your rambling as I will probably ramble down the way a bit and I know you will be there then too.
    I'm ready for FFF
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I am NOT glazing over, I read every dangling word … I have this same affliction. that is what I call it. Ramble on and I can relate to the perfect post flitting through my mind, and before I can get to a pad to write it down POOF! like you sometimes it surfaces and sometimes not. we are all sisters of the

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have rambled since I was a child and now I keep rambling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't do boxing day here in United States, but I also just learn it was mummer's day.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. we sadly have no boxing day here... but it would be a nice idea for all who are still in the mood for boxes... or for boxing fights in the stores ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Aunt Sissy said it best and I often quote. "I have a thought and suddenly they jump on the little train the runs in my brain. The thought leaves but it is ok because eventually the train comes back around and there is that thought again." Now, where was I going with this? namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom says she identifies!!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Venting is good, Yam! JB's had a hard time on the road. But we are home!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏