WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menocreatikul; Fun With Forms

Did I mention that I have been working on upping my crochet skillz with new stitching forms? Yes, I am sure I did, though it has been a month without my wittering and you may have forgotten. Anyhoo...

On the Instything I came across a young lady in North Carolina called Hannah - "Of Mars" - (you can click the image to see her profile).

She is a wonderful freeformer who taught herself to crochet, then spin and dye her own yarn. 

I was inspired to purchase a couple of her patterns. So far I have worked only the triskelion, first in a sporting weight/5ply yarn, and then in DK/8ply.

The first was a simple tryout of the pattern, but am now using the remainder of the yarns to create a triangular shawl - not got very far with it, as am working on the bigger project I hinted at previously.

Have created a triskelion for use in that larger project, and am working another for the other side... it is to be a garment of the winter engulfing kind; my very own coat of many colours! But it too is going a bit slow as have worked another pair of slippers and am doing another wee shoulder wrap in between. Variety the spice and all that.

Add to this that I am breaking in a new working environment and you may understand why not much is finished yet. I was getting a tad fed up with working in three different spaces and having stuff a bit spread around. I treated myself to an artist's desk, the sort with large work surface, tippable, and with a couple of drawers and also 'catch trays' on either side. Also splashed out on a clippable lamp (LOVE IT!!!) AND a neck lamp for the close work (oh be still my relieved eyes!) The desk is on wheels so can be shifted (with everything in place) when required to do so and no multiple toing and froing!!!








18 comments:

  1. I tried to get on Hannah's site but it appears to have to join. Anyway yay NC I wanted to see from what part of NC.
    What a beautiful creation. Oh yes indeed workspace makes things so much easier and more pleasant. For years I set up my sewing table and took it down everything; not conducive to consist good work. Now my sewing table is permanently situated. I do have to move my cutting table but that is on wheels and easy.

    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      This LINK will bring you to a page from which you can reach all Hannah's sites... Yxx

      Delete
  2. Very nice work space. And that triskelion pattern is very intriguing to me. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always awestruck by your productivity rather than the reverse. Can't wait to see the 'coat of many colours'. With the colder weather now upon us, I've been motivated to progress the jumper I began several months ago. Just a few more rows of the second sleeve to do, then it's a case of attaching body and sleeves and knitting the neckband. Bertie is no respecter of workspace when it comes to knitting...
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and creative needlework ~ ^_^

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have been hooking up a storm. Your new work desk looks very useful for computer and yarn work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful! You have been hard at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The triangular shape colors put in mind of your mandalas. Great work station. Is that at the Hutch or your dad's? namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      There's actually a story... on ordering it first time, it was only when the delivery advice came through that I realised I'd forgotten to change my default address... so my neighbour to the Hutch has had to take in the one delivered there... Meanwhile, a second one - this one - was ordered to Edinburgh. I'll use it during my time as dad's carer - but it will then go to Mac1 and she is counting it as three x Christmas and B'day pressies, so I don't have to think of anything for her until 2023!!! Have had it set up for over a week now and it is working a treat (and a bit more organised than this second-day picture shows!) Yxx

      Delete
  8. YAM aunty, your work table doesn't look cat comfortable (like trying to sleep ona yacht i suspect), so don't go giving F any ideas. I've only just got her broken in to letting me do close-up supervision on the big all purpose table. We don't need any tiltable surfaces around here thank-you. xxx furrings & purrings MrT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we love her work... and we love the magic breton sign! ... but your slippers are simply the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yam - what a brilliant workspace ... and so glad Mac1 is looking forward to the time when she can 'grab' it! Wonderful creative spirit you are ... and so pleased you are adapting ... excellent lights too ... you seem to have thought of everything ... except the change of address - still that was a good thing in disguise for Mac1!! All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your work! How creative and colorful this is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite thing in the first photo were those bracelets. i followed the link you gave Cecilia to Hannahs website and all the bracelets are sold out. wow.. she is talented and so are you... the desk is perfect, and i followed both links to the two lamps and almost laughed out loud, i have spent hours in the past couple of weeks looking at those type lamps and both of those you bought i have considered. i can't deside, the lamps i want are like your clip on but they sit and also have chargers for devices on the bottom... it is to put on a side table by my rocker. can't make up my mind... i enjoyed your post today and am glad you decided to witter again. ha ha also I LOVE your slippers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful work! You are managing to get so much done! I'm in a bit of a dither. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your work space - so creatively and efficiently organized. And the "slippers" - oh, they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏