WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Now-Views; A Wee Bit More Speak With The Peek

This week, so as not to leave it too long, I am incorporating my piccies and words about Gail and Bertie's visit last week. From the previous Sunday, the weather by the Hutch had turned to summer. it was truly glorious and I set to getting all the stuff sorted that had landed with the sibs a few weeks earlier. (More about that on Friday.) My guests arrived mid-afternoon on Wednesday, whilst that weather was still with us. 

First, we had a cuppa and our initial chatter catch-up, 


before heading out for a walk down by the water. This entailed walking down the 'main' road first and there was some very pretty ivy-leaf toadflax (thanks Gail!) sprouting around an old post in the stone wall.


As we rounded the corner toward the promenade, I got a wee tad excited at seeing a cargo carrier floating by right in front of us. The shipping channel has been only fractionally as busy as pre-COVID times, so am always delighted to spot a ship.


On that same corner, there is sitting a rather fine home with a large garden. Bertie did have a sniff around the gate, then I had a peek through it...



Rather inviting, I felt. Further around the corner again, as we hit the promenade proper, I peeked over the slightly lower wall there and captured that glorious orange-flowering shrub. It is an azalea, but a very large one, showing clearly its relationship to the rhododendron (that's one up behind it...)


We really enjoyed the late afternoon balmy-ness and sat for a while watching the passers-by and their various pupsters... I managed this rather lovely striding out shot of our dear pals.


Now, I didn't get any other shots of their visit. Thursday dawned in the more usual and familiar 87 shades of grey and wet. Gail and Bertie decided to brave the climate and go visit the local botanic gardens (see their blog), while yours truly stayed in the Hutch with the tennis from Paris, blogs and my indoor pedals. 

They were back by 2pm, and after lunch, we continued with tennis, conversation, reading, cuppas and more food and more conversation... the sun did make a reappearance in the late evening. 

Friday dawned brighter but damp and much cooler. We had a full raspberry pancake breakfast then I prepared a picnic lunch for the travellers. I had a little extra special one-on-one time with Bertie as Gail packed the car. Having given my feet a thorough licking the day before, it was the turn of my hands. I felt truly cared for by my wee furry blogpal! There was a little pang in my heart as I said my goodbyes. 

That was it. The very first visit after so very long. It was the best. Hopefully not too long till the next get together.

19 comments:

  1. We are so glad you had a terrific visit with Gail and Bertie! We are a tad jealous. We did have guests stay with us last summer, but they were furrends of our human brother. Mom misses her furrends in Vancouver and is hoping to go there for a visit after her second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD, what a FABulous weekend!!!!! Sounds like you guys really had a good time ~ and what a lovely walkie! I love that corner house! Hey, if all the peeps get togethers and pull their green papers together, maybe they can buy that house for all of us! It would be most lovely having a clubhouse like that!
    Thanks for taking us along for your tour
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It such a good feeling we're getting out and about.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time you had together...and a beautiful walk you all got to take!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh a visit from bertie and gail!!! the mama grinned a little as she read about the cuppa and the chat... that's the way it starts here too... and sadly the way it runs... suddenly one of the chatters remembers that they have dogs(YES! we are still there!!!) and after another 87 hours they remember the walk.... howly moly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds idyllic - like real life even! The azalea is fabulous, say what you like about Scottish weather (and we shared it's southern cousin in Dunedin) but it grows fabulous rhododendrons and azaleas. Is that a lighthouse to Gail's left in the last photo? Furrings and purrings Mr T (And F)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Yes, that is Cloch Lighthouse, on the south shore of the mighty Clyde. Yxx

      Delete
  7. The photos are a lovely record of a perfect visit. I shall especially treasure the one of Bertie and me on the sofa. I can't thank you enough for your wonderful hospitality. As we know, dogs are excellent judges, and Bertie clearly adores his stays in the 'Hutch'.
    Bertie informs me that there may be some photos from Benmore Botanic Garden on his Friday post.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had such an enjoyable visit. That second photo is an overgrown fairy tale! Gor-jusss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photographs looks so great, so glad to know you had such a great visit..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful visit with Gail and Bertie! The orange azalea is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful you got to vist, and Gail and Bertie could stay overnight. Bertie seems like a delight. I've never seen an azalea anywhere near that big. Wonder if it's taking growth hormones, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wish we had FaceTime on blogs so you could see my great big Cheshire Cat grin. OMDs what a fine x 87 time that was had by all. Raspberry pancakes YUM YAM!! And a picnic lunch for the travelers you are a fine hostess with the mostest.
    I'm so happy you had some good weather too. Looks like Gail is wearing the jumper she made at least I think that is the one I recall. Bertie my darlin' WFT, Gail and YAM hugs from across the pond for this most wonderful visit
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Gail about the photo of she and Bertie on the couch.....

      Delete
  13. A lovely day overall for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so very happy for all three of you that the sunshine did come out for a visit, and for long enough for that stunning photo of Gail and Bertie striding out in the sun. LOVE IT.... the ship is a really nice shot too. a fine get togehter after so long in lock down. I like the behind that gate peek

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful for all three of you!!! That stroll through nature's beauty just shows the luck and joy their visit brought. We hope you can ALL meet up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thought Gail was holding one of your stuffy friends! Ha. So pleased for you to have Gail, Bertie, Blossoms and a ship sighting! Looks like a pretty perfect time. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful time you all had together. It's been so long that we've all not been able to get together that this visit must have felt truly special.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏