WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSundays; Life Lived Lovingly

There was quite a response to a recent post in which I referred to a poesie I had produced for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary... mainly that many of you were unfamiliar with that word for what, in English, means a collection of poems/quotes. It is, perhaps, less used these days, but is certainly not obsolete or archaic - in French, it refers to a particular kind of poem which is emotive and heroic. Anyway. As today would have been my father's 85th birthday and tomorrow, their 63rd anniversary, I dedicate this month to sharing more from that wee hand-scripted collection. It was generated from my love and respect for them and the words, I hope over the next few weeks, will ring true and meaningful for many more. (Forgive the photography - old paper, seepage and difficult light were a challenge!)





16 comments:

  1. A lovely post to remember your father on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious to have them again.
    Were you named after your Mum? With different spelling that is?

    Enjoy your day,
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Great granny, granny and mum were all 'Elison' - shortened to Elsie. Somehow, mum thought this was not so good and that I ought to have the more common spelling of Alison... which of course got shortened to Ali, my preferred option. I never particularly liked my name so when Yamini was whispered to me (12 years back), there was some chime inside me - I knew it as the name I had been waiting for, so readily - and legally - changed it. Mum had also felt I need not be lumbered with middle names (she had three), so when I changed names, it was a no-brainer to keep Ali as my official middle - a universal name tying the two sides! Yxx

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful way to celebrate and honour your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful words from the past. and you are right, poesie was a new word to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAM this is simply beautiful...words and script.
    I took shorthand many years ago...it kinda ruin my handwriting...at least that is my 'story' and I'm stickin' to it!
    Happy Heavenly Birthday to Alexander and Anniversary to Alexander and Elison
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this beautiful treasure full of inspirational prose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely writing both the cursive and the words. and I love the A & E. THanks for sharing. |Thanks for visiting us too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Verses full of so much love. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏