WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoAZering; Q=Query

For April, I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z, and you will find original images created by me and some ramblings to go with them. I will capitalise words that begin with the featured letter (on first use only). Let me know what you think of the pics, words, or both in the comments! For more of this madness, you can visit Blogchatter.


Why does Mankind insist on acting like a toddler throwing all its toys out of the pram?

Why do the rich not understand that passing on some of their surplus to the poor will not only help alleviate suffering but lighten their hearts and minds too?

Why is it always the fault of 'the other' and never our own?

Whatever happened to good old fashioned neighbourliness?

Why do people automatically assume that just because that person's got one, they must have one too?

I expect no answers of any QUALITY, for the fact is we are a QUERULOUS beastie. Ever-inclined to think in terms of the "I"/ego and how unfair life is. Yes, a generalisation - but we live in such QUANTITY now, one must take the average. We live in an age of averages. There is no room for the individual. Yet still, the individual keeps baulking and bucking and demanding rights. "I" has become commercial. 

QUONDAM**, there was a trend to QUASH the use of "I" when speaking. This is adhered to by the British Royals... 'we' and 'one' are used instead. In certain circles, 'one' is still used - (i potest esse reus^^). 

... I could go on, but that is sufficient for this QUIRKY post!!!

**previously, at an earlier time...once...
^^ I may be guilty



22 comments:

  1. You are quirky and I love you!
    I was wondering if you have old rock art near you. I've been watching a show that showed some of it. Very interesting. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Quite a post. Easy to glance at Quickly. It is Quirky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope we find the answers soo, else we will be pulled totally into the mess! Nice, thought provoking piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time to really worry is when we stop asking Questions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The questions you've raised in this post many not have any decent/worthy answers yet but they can't be ignored either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Questions can be posed in life, answers not guaranteed!

    Quite a Quagmire of queries

    GOod day :)
    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quirky, yes. But time is the best teacher and it teaches you that some questions do not have answers.
    The more one goes cottonpicking, the more one is lost in this labyrinth of thoughts. Well, I don't jnow if that's such a bad thing though...it does end up making you a thinker, sensitive to the whys and hows of life. But it also invites the risk of getting hurt in the process.

    Uhoh...i think I'm going about on a tangent. This turned out to be a quirky comment for a quirky post. :-|

    ReplyDelete
  8. that are super good questions... and I wonder more and more this time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so struck by the artwork this time - but chime with the writings. I won't start or I'll be tempted into a dissertation on the 'focus on your own needs' thing. We are social creatures, so what benefits society as a whole benefits each individual. Focus instead on the needs of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quirky post and especially the color combination in your image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Questions without answers. And yet as Bob Dylan sang, the answer may be blowing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Molly I love your post and especially the Artsy '? mark'
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. quirky is right and good and I love it. first let me say your art today has captured the inside workings of my Mad Mind. things are swirling and questions are flying around and around, my mind is always questioning everything and anything and all your statments today are at sometime one of my questions.
    we were watching a TV show, American Idol, and the three judges that are MILLIONARES several times over, had tears in their eyes as they listened to 2 stories of 2 different contestants that shared they were homeless and trying to win to change their lives. as i saw the tears I thought is any one of you even thought about you could help these two? the mega rich right a check to some far off person to feed the hungry and step around the starving people on their on street. I used to read historical fiction, mostly about the UK . they talked about in old London town when they would cut off the childrens hand because they stole a loaf of bread... oops on my rant/vent mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Rant away - you caught the zeitgeist of my post perfectly! YAM xx

      Delete
  14. Answer will be found when man starts querying his own actions and quash his ego to pleasant proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quirky post with queer questions that can lead to some quality debate on quintessential human nature!
    Today's picture though with a very few colours, patterns and elements still managed to catch my attention for a considerable time before heading over to read the post.
    -Anagha Yatin
    https://canvaswithrainbow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure about this post -- speaking of Mankind - a bit too large for me to know - speaking of my friends, so not true. Americans in general, not sure, I happen to look right, come from the correct part of the world to be easily accepted, while others are not, based on color and religion. But then again, not all Americans are like that either. I may be confused about the meaning of this post... But to question, to query is both necessary and good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "What ever happened to neighbourliness??" Amen!!

    Believe it or not, we have moved into a neighborhood where the neighbors actually check in with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Often I think if the money was given to "regular" people instead of bailing out the rich institutions, that same money would be back in the hands of the rich soon enough because people would spend it. And it would make everyone happier in the end. When the money all goes to bail out the already rich, the rest of us just get restless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some very valid and thought provoking questions...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quite a post :) need to quickly find a dictionary to quench my thirst to find the meaning of the words

    Jayashree writes

    ReplyDelete
  21. We humans seem to always quickly turn to our own needs instead of the others. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏