WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoAZering; R=Reef


For April, I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z, and you will find original images created by me and some ramblings to go with them. I will capitalise words that begin with the featured letter (on first use only). Let me know what you think of the pics, words, or both in the comments! For more of this madness, you can visit Blogchatter.



This was the headline in the Guardian's environment article on March 25th. Having had the great thrill and privilege to snorkel on this REEF (one small part at least), this is a subject close to my heart. Anyone paying attention must know that the reef is the equivalent of the canary in the mine... an early warning system. If the bird ceased RESPIRING - if it went claws up - the miners knew to scarper for the exit. The reef is yelling at all we miners of the climate that things are not well. The state of our seas REFLECTS the state of our land and atmosphere. Everything, REMEMBER, is connected.

Permit me the offering of this podcast... 

16 comments:

  1. It's tough world out there. I just have to turn off the news somedays.
    Your art is, as ever, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stark warnings -- Is anyone paying attention?

    I'm saddened to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prediction is that it's all going to get worse. Most of our fellow beings only preach when it comes to the environment issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I just have to not watch the news.

    And once again, I like your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all on a suicide mission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the news bring one bad thing every day... I wish we could turn back te time to start again and better...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday I read in some news that by 2030 many coastal areas including Navi Mumbai some parts of Goa and so on would drown/ submerged as water levels rise...

    Am actually super scared about the climatic changes and I don't know what I can do myself to slow it down..even if I try following as many protocols as i can


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  8. tomorrow is earth day, and I have been reading up on the ways we destroy the earth and this is just more added to the sad story. your art today would make a super beautiful tile pattern for bath or kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read something recently about how they are going to regenerate reefs. I cannot remember anything else about it though.
    I really like your mandala today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a sad state to have the Reef being damaged so much. We hope someday the world will pay attention and start trying harder to reverse this course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We visited Cairns before the pandemic struck... then itself saw some bleacged portions of the reef and felt pretty saddened.
    Visiting from A to Z
    Jayashree writes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such said news about the Reef....all they years it survived and thrived. I hope and pray it can be revived.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. The reefs, the glaciers, the changes in seasons etc are shouting loud and clear about our reckless behavior towards nature. But we have turned tone deaf. Sad state of affairs.
    Today's painting... I felt it's the iris and there is a thin layer of water (tear) clouding it partially. When I finished reading the article flet as those are the reefs that are weeping silently.
    -Anagha Yatin
    https://canvaswithrainbow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This, and so much envirtonmental news, is heart-breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For who have ears to hear and eyes to see, may there be recognition and action. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏