WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoAZering; S=Schism


For April, I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z, and you will find original images created by me and some ramblings to go with them. I will capitalise words that begin with the featured letter (on first use only). Let me know what you think of the pics, words, or both in the comments! For more of this madness, you can visit Blogchatter.


The SPLIT into factions - the disagreements and differences that SEEM irreconcilable. The biff and boff of life can often disrupt connections, but there can be times when those connections are SEVERED entirely. 

For all the differences, we are all essentially the SAME. Yet this has no influence to moderate our tendency to take SIDES. A STANCE is taken, and ego and bravado enhance the SEPARATION that tends to follow. SPARKS can fly, SQUABBLES become abundant and would-be warriors SHADOWBOX, SHIFTING and SHUFFLING around their perceived enemy. Then to stand SHOCKED when blood is SHED...

πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’—

Regular readers here know that the last Friday of any month on DoWY means Final Friday Fiction time. This month is no different! So SELECT your SHOTS (your own, mind, not beg, borrowed, or STOLEN) and tell me a STORY. (If you are new and would like to join in check out the FFF Rulez page up top.)



14 comments:

  1. Federal election here next month…..say no more😊
    Factions split - families separated - squabbles galore.
    I know one where ties have definitely been severed
    Say no more

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we end the schism and the habit to take sides???- it always stumps me the question

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  3. every word you said is so true. the biff and boff made me laugh but that is exactly why humans can't get along if there is more than one in the room. Social Media has made the biff and boff and choosing sides even easier to do and cause so much hurt in this world. we all have OUR side OUR opinions and must give it. I stopped commenting on FB because it made me read everyones biff/boff and made me want to add my boff... Bob and I have enough of that living together

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to think about today YAM!! I love the art work too.
    My FFF is ready and in auto post for next week.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. S already- are we really that far through the month? F looked up and 2/3 of the month had disappeared. She cleaned our whiteboard this morning. Gone are the resolution about reducing single-use plastic and finishing started projects and the top line now says 'stay cool, don't lose your temper. Chill, 5 months to go.' I suspect working on Good Friday (Big Friday here) had something to do with that. She had to forgo a planned bike ride. Is it warming up where you are? There are days when it still feels arctic here 1 despite my fur coat. Fz and Pz Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  6. A strong post for the soft-sounding letter S. You found the right words for our world today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a thought provoking post. Love the image. I see Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schism was an awesome choice for "S." It packs a punch as long as it's not in someone's side.
    Shots and Sirens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Todays art appears more like a decoupage art. The lavender shade is appealing.
    The day before yesterday, I watched the presidential debate. The dual between the incumbent and the challenger had ample show of egos apart from debate on the policy related topics. But thats what is politics is all about, isnt it?
    However ego clashes in any relationship are like carrying an burning cinder in hand. Its painful.
    - Anagha Yatin
    https://canvaswithrainbow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful piece of art today, I sure wish there was less division and more unity in the world today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. silly siblings seeking special sympathy. shalom, janice (aka sam) xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
πŸ™