WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

First Friday Filmclub

Okay, this one is a bit geeky, and some of you might have curling toes at the thought of viewing these. That's okay. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Let me share the image that was the prompt for this post:


Yes, it's one of the cabinets in the McLean museum visited at the start of February with my sister. I was unfamiliar with this tragic accident, which occurred on the Clyde on 19th December 2007. There was a full report filed in March 2015 by the Marine Accident Investigation Branch.


...yes, I did read that thing. Told you this was a geeky one!!! There are some excellent photos and charts in it, as well as an almost film-script description of the event. 

However, you are here to watch, not read, today. There is an excellent 45-minute program which demonstrates what has been written in the report. I know that some (possibly most) of you will shy away from that. Thus it will not surprise you to know that I found a relevant, shorter video! This jumps right to the heart of the matter - the causative factor -  using dramatic re-enactment and testament of the investigating officer, and is under ten minutes of viewing. It is actually an excerpt from the longer program, which I will embed below and hope that one or two of you might give it the time it deserves. The work of such investigations is to be much admired, as recommendations arose from this to improve tug safety in the whole world... which is why, this very week, as I prepared the post, I was taken aback at yet another loss of life on the Clyde from a 
'pulled over' tug... it could be some time before we know what happened this time.






image credit: YouTube screenshot


5 comments:

  1. oh.. .that was a tragedy... we agree... dear father be with all sailors... the sea is something we can not tame....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tragedy, very sad knowing three we lost doing their job. I am glad things have changed for the better.
    Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I could had sworn I left a comment but it disappeared.
    Mainly I wrote about a program I watch on Nat'l Geo called Disasters at Sea. I had no idea how very very high the waves were out in the deepest parts of the sea/ocean.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a scary tragedy. I have saved the post to come back later and watch both videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too shall have to come back and watch the videos! Commenting and art first!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏