WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

For the month of February, I have opted to remember Ukraine. Unusually, I am doing so through the talent and virtuosity of one of its young bayan (accordion) players. A single artiste for the whole month. Aleksandr Hrustevich is a prodigy! Let us begin with a fun piece of music which is not Ukrainian but played by this young Ukrainian in the capital of Kyiv in the year before the world fell off some sort of precipice... 2019 feels like a century ago now.

13 comments:

  1. wow one instrument can become a whole band...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he is good. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is very talented. and you are right, the world fell off the cliff and is still in free fall, the entire world changed and not for the better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yam - yes ... desperate to know it's been a full two years of war, let alone the years before ...Aleksandr Hrustevich is a brilliant player - it's fun to listen to ... thanks for highlighting the Ukrainians - they deserve so much in life, and to live it - with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Full disclosure here......I used to play accordion ...don't faint. I took lessons from ages 7-10ish.
    I even played 'Lady of Spain' by ear. I was so proud of myself. When I played it for my teacher, he had a full blown hissy fit. He brought me to tears. It might not have been a good idea to learn it, but there had to be a better way to get that across. He crushed my desire to continue.
    I do love accordion music
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      OOOHHH... so many young people have their musical explorations damaged by careless teachers such as you experienced... you'll enjoy this month's musicalisms then! Yxx

      Delete
  6. I've never been a huge fan of the accordion but he is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accordion is an instrument that has never ceased to fascinate me. It looks so mystifying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a talented young man!
    Accordion music always brings a smile to my face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not in general crazy about the sound of the accordion but I can see he's very talented.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tango music and thoroughly enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏