WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoturals; Summer Sauntering

This is a Nature Friday post; it comes with a warning against cuteness overload as it involves a rather handsome WFT...

It was a short drive from Banchory to the parking spot on the north side of the River Dee near Keith's Tower. It is a very popular spot for dog walkers, ramblers, cyclists, runners, and swimmers. As the day was one of the amazing sparklers that can occasionally happen here, the limited parking was pretty much used up. However, I timed things just right, and a lady let me know she would be moving away as soon as she could round up the five little fluffy things that were running amok! The Grey settled into that spot and decided we would stay till the following morning. 

Before then, though, Gail and Nobby were arriving for lunch and an afternoon together. I prepared a mixed salad of different leaves, including basil, tomato, and mozzarella, with olives and new potatoes (prepared in the microwave - yes, I finally got it into the van!). Once done, we wandered down through Glebe Park to the little 'beach' by the Dee. Here, Gail changed into her cozzie and had a swim (come back here on Saturday...) Nobby wasn't quite sure about that but did paddle. More importantly... so did I!!! It was a chance to try out the new water shoes.


I must say, the silty sand was slightly sucky... but I loved having my feet in the water and was a bit ropable with myself that I had forgotten to pack the brand new cozzie I had ordered from the big A. Had it not been quite so busy with multiple strangers popping out from behind bushes, quite frankly I might have stripped down to bra and pants. I've done that a few times before - indeed, even less (in OZ)! Not to worry. I enjoyed it from the sidelines...


As did Nobby. I kept waiting to see if he would swim out to Gail, but he wasn't for doing that. Instead, he wrangled a rogue branch, dunked beside me, shook beside me, and generally looked handsome as he decorated the surrounding environment.





We returned to the van for a cuppa and then took a stroll through the delightful Silver Birch forest behind Grey, which was carpeted with blaeberry bushes. Idyllic.


I slept like a log, and by nine the next morning, The Grey and I were off to our next little adventure...



... and reminding you all that next week is FFF time again already!!!





18 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of a fine meet up and thanks once again for the delicious lunch. You'll see that a different stretch of the River Dee features in Nobby's Nature Friday post today!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh how great... you slept like a log and the world bestestest nobby slept like a dog ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new beautiful water shoes; it looks comfortable. This place is peaceful and wonderful for walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time , love the views and the cute photos of Nobby. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you know that you are a naturist at heart, YAM. The truth is out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun, what fun.. jealous a little here. nobby looks like he had the best time of all of you. beautiful place to swim/wade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE A CUTENESS OVER LOAD...OMDs Nobby knows how to enjoy every single nano second of a day.
    Just how chilly was Gail's swim? looked very refreshing and you lunch sounded scrumptious
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS ready for FFF and I have reminder going up too

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day you had and such beautiful and fun pictures to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you three had a great time wandering along the river (and swimming in it).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful moments, Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful summer day, good company, good food, sunshine... what more could life require?

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are going to enjoy some summer sauntering, you just have to do it with good friends like Gail and Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nobby looks like he was having the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like an amazing spot! I love the shoes! XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lunch you prepared sounds delicious, and it’s wonderful that you had a chance to try out your new water shoes and enjoy the river. It’s moments like these that make for memorable outings. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your adventures!

    Read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/08/best-ways-to-style-pink-shorts-for-chic-spring-summer-look.html
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏