WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menokreatikkul; Transformation

I mentioned the thought that I may turn the Heritage Trellis Shawl into a poncho... and I did. I also had a brown skein in the Alpaca stash that came very close to the colour of Mum's yarn, so decided that a hat was required to complete the set...

I created the ribs by turning the work inside out and working back along the relevant rows. This shows that the pattern can be adapted; so if shawls or beanies are not your thing, the same stitching could be utilised for a blanket/throw or a jacket. 




Now, the full modelling! This is my first go with the XHover1 mini-drone - yes, it is small enough to operate inside the Hutch. (Sorry about the lighting... it was Christmas Eve and working only with artificial light.)


I did finish the socks... you can see them in last Tuesday's post. I spent some of Christmas Day watching crochet vids that I had saved for later. One item that caught my eye was created in what is called Tunisian Crochet (but also known as Afghan stitching, or Tricot work). A very different technique to the single-stitch method most of us are familiar with. Interestingly, in among the inheritance of wool craft stuff from my late mother, there were two "needles" (she was a knitter) that had hooks on, and I wondered what on earth they were used for. Turns out she may have been thinking of taking up Tunisian crochet herself! Anyway, now I have another crafting goal...




13 comments:

  1. I used to know what that long hook was used for and how to use it. Sorry, it's gone now. Your hat and poncho are great. Ditto the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour scheme on the hat! Although it may be a bit warm for most days here! Hope all is well, Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this might be my favorite of all your beanies. I like those ribs a lot. it is a perfect poncho. good for walking about on certain days that require less than a puffy coat. also good for cold days inside, the little hover thingy did a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I love both the beanie and the poncho, well done. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are clearly doing some catch up - hover thing? The colours are great. You must have created a substantial wardrobe of hats by now? (As have I will two needles - it is amazing how a few scraps of colour and the promise of something wearable ends up being another hat! I have fitted out my work choir, sent a few dozen to seamen's charities supported by my workplace, and have another growing pile of berets and tams from patterns that simply cried out to be given expression. What to do with all these hats????)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAM you should start you own crocheting YouTUBE. The poncho is perfect as is the matching hat. I am a big fan of all the colors look warm and ARE warm.
    I tried Tunisian Crochet many years ago. Still have the pattern I think it might have been a scarf Good luck
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome :)
    Stay well. Greetings _()_

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shawl and hat are just gorgeous and you are the perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great work. That drone is a hoot! What a treat. Good to see you in motion! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful job you did...I really like the earthy, yet bright, colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hat and poncho look great. Can't wait to see what you hook up with Tunisian crochet.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏